Sunday 12 February 2017

BTS - 'Spring Day' MV

Today was the day that BTS finally released their new MV and new album. Spring Day was released today, shortly after the preview show.

The song has currently caused MeLon to be unresponsive. So many ARMYs were streaming the song off the site, that it has now crashed. The MV (on YouTube) now has (and is currently stuck on) 494,487 views and 530,000+ likes

Spring Day is an alternative hip hop track with a combination of British rock sentiments and electronic sound. Rap Monster composed the key melody of the song.

Ok, so I'm now going to talk about what I noticed. I'll start with the things that seemed most significant and stood out to me.

So the first thing, was Jimin and the shoes (once again). I noticed that in almost every solo shot of Jimin, there were the shoes near him or in his hands. He picked them up on the beach and seemed to carry them with him.
If I were to come up with any theory to do with this, I would say that Jimin found the shoes on the beach and carried them with him. He then told the boys that he wanted to go the tree, seen at the end of the MV, and tie them there. I think he wanted to go there because he seemed to be leading them to the tree.


The second thing that looked important, was Jungkook. At around the middle of the MV, we see Jungkook running through the train carriage, then the motel, then the train carriage again, then the laundry room and finally ends up in the corridor outside the train. The first thing is that all these are the same places that RapMon walked through. Could Jungkook be following RapMon? But the other thing was just after that when the train goes past.

Jungkook was on that train and saw himself on the platform with the other members. I also just realised that during RapMon's rap he walked past Jungkook in the carriage.


I didn't really understand this one, but I'm throwing it in here anyway. The sections of the members sitting on the mountain of clothes. I honestly have no idea why that's in there and it could just be BigHit being aesthetic as usual, but they seemed kind of unusual and almost out of place.


The final scene with the tree was interesting. There's a wide shot of BTS standing infront of the tree and it looks to be during the Winter season. However, it quickly changes into, what looks like, the Spring season. It would make sense, since that's the title of the song.


There's always something that seems to link Jin and V. In WINGS, V covered Jin's eyes and he saw the statue. This time V is almost imitating Jin. They both hold up their fingers to form a sort of square. 

I don't know the exact meaning of this, but I do know that people tend to do this when they're taking picture and trying to find the right shot. This most likely has nothing to do with it, but they're could be a reason behind it.



After saying all this, I have come to the conclusion that the whole MV could potentially be a dream. In all the shots of Jungkook on the train, they never show the rest of the carriage, just the corner which he is sitting in.

But then towards the end of the MV, it looks like Jungkook is waking up and the camera pans out to show the other members. JHope is also seen waking up Jimin.


Overall, BTS didn't fail to bring a new and exciting album, for ARMYs to enjoy. The MV for Spring Day is beautiful and I can't wait for the Not Today MV to come out!

What did you think of the MV? Did I miss anything, if so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment